Freedom to explore.⠀
Freedom to adventure.⠀
Freedom to love.⠀
Freedom to live.⠀
We were not meant to be caged. ⠀
We are meant to roam.⠀
We are designed to be curious.⠀
We are destined for the extraordinary.⠀
I wanted to create my own life because I believe these things at the core of my being. I was sick of settling for, 'that's just the way it is', or, 'not everybody gets to do what they love.'⠀
They didn't teach me this in school - in fact, they taught me the opposite...that dreaming was irresponsible and reckless. That only the 'lucky' get to do what they love.⠀
Don't believe it for a second.
You created your life, whether you consciously "designed" it or not. Does any of this sound familiar:
- you felt pressure to, "get a job" out of school - even if it wasn't what you had dreamed of doing
- you accept your reality and start to believe that you are not one of the "lucky" ones in life
- you look at other people who are, "living their dream" and you definitely don't think that could be you
- deep inside, you know you aren't living up to your potential ... you were placed on this earth to do something incredible, and what you are doing right now is decidedly NOT IT.
- you wake up one day and you don't know how you got here, and you want to do something different
- you love hiking, but you've been told again and again that you can't get paid to hike
- you feel like it would be horribly irresponsible to leave your "stable" job
- everytime you try to get "unstuck" you scare yourself back into submission
- you have a history of feeling unfulfilled in your job and you've changed jobs numerous times, only to discover that you always end up feeling the same way after a few years
- you struggle with "grass is greener" syndrome
- you want more in life, and you don't know how to get it, or where to start
Here's the good news: you are COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY NORMAL. Recognizing that you are not where you want to be in your life is a huge part of the battle. How did you get here? Like a horse drawn carriage that erodes "grooves" into the hard surface of a cobblestone street over years and years, we find ourselves similarly and deeply embedded into a "rut". We build our lives around the decisions that have helped to dig this rut, and while those decisions are not necessarily bad, they are familiar and comfortable - and they are the very things which make it so incredibly difficult to climb away from a place where we feel "stuck".
For most of my life, I felt a deep calling to share my love of the wilderness with others. I wanted to turn this passion into my paycheck, but I had NO IDEA HOW. I listened to the people who told me that I could not do what I loved for a living. I listened to them, right up until the day that I decided that enough was enough. That I wasn't going to settle for anything less than living a life that I created - a life that I courageously designed.
Life is an adventure. Like a mountain, it is chaotic, messy and unpredictable. It is also exciting, exhilarating and devastatingly beautiful. When I decided to become an, "Adventurepreneur", I envisioned a life where my work and my mission/passion were seamlessly intertwined. For me, there is no "black and white" distinction between "work and play" - this is just my life. It is who I am, what I love, and what I want to give to the world. I want to inspire people to create their own adventures. I want to show wilderness-inspired entrepreneurs how to turn their passion into their paycheck. I want to give everybody the tools that they need to create the life that they want and deserve.
I started this journey with a dream and a belief - a belief that anything was possible. I like to say that I believe in myself at the $80,000 level - because I left a job with an $80k salary to follow my heart. I used to think I was crazy for doing something like that, but now I know that I would have been crazy not to do it. At an $80k salary, I was so limited - that was all that I was EVER going to earn. As an Adventurepreneur, my income is limitless. There is no limit to what is possible for me (and for you!). I used to think that I couldn't earn a living doing what I loved: I was wrong. This past month, I earned an ENTIRE MONTH'S SALARY in 4 days. If I can do this, absolutely anybody can - all you have to do is to be willing to take the steps... and sometimes the leap... to get out of your own way.
Adventurepreneurship is what I was meant to do. It is my purpose on this earth and there is nothing that brings me more fulfillment or joy than to have the honor of helping other like-minded adventurers achieve their own goals and dreams. The answers are inside you right now - all you have to do is learn how to listen and start climbing - everything you've ever wanted and more is waiting for you.